Saturday, February 9, 2013

First try on 15mm infantry



Finally done!! It took me more than one month to paint just this platoon! I’m very slow, it’s incredible, hopefully with the time I will improve my painting speed.
Anyway, it’s done, I can now play with those guys.
The first picture was taken just after the pre-shading step. I will not do this step next time, it took time and didn’t really help.
I took the book “The soviet soldier of world war two” as a reference for the colors of the uniform and gears.
















7 comments:

  1. Eh, c'est vachement sympa tout ca ! Il me faut ce bouquin ! Il est bien ?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je trouve le livre super, avec plein de photos et pas mal d'explications. Classé par période donc assez pratique.

      Delete
  2. Another approach I have meant to try was to basecoat in a very dark share then highlight ("post-shade") with an airbrush, exactly the way you did.

    One you paint face and details, I am quite sure it can look quite good, especially on russians. Maybe a wash to unify all.

    Check my blog: sixtwentyeight.blogspot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking for the next time to not use black and white but dark green then light green as I think you are telling me (If I understood well :-) ). My problem is finally that because I paint with four different greens it become very complicated to organize everything :-)
      Perhaps I will use the same dark green for all then highlight with the different greens.
      I already saw your blog few months ago and I check it regularly, I really like your paintjob.

      Delete
  3. They look great. Very nice basing details. The model colours really "pop" too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The camo on the German casualties is pretty fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!!
      It's really what I try to do on the infantry : make them pop on the table, so I'm happy it works.
      The camo of the German was the longest thing I ever had to do on a mini :-) It convinced me to never do an SS infantry company :-)

      Delete